Welcome to MichaelLyonMusic.com - whatever brought you here (whether simple twist of fate... or master stroke) it's always nice to make a new friend or be treated to a blast from the past.
Please feel free to explore the various parts of the website beyond the home page (accessible above through the About, Music, Photos/Lyrics, Store, Contact, Press sections) but if you choose to stay right here, let's imagine while scrolling through that you've walked into a club (perhaps where I live in Southern California, but it could be almost anywhere) and discovered that there's a guy - you may have never heard of before - up on the stage telling stories & playing a set of songs he wrote, such as those you'll find below. Enjoy the show!
Among the songs of mine coming to fruition this past year: Moment to Dream, Opening Our Eyes, Bounce Back, Want to Be a Flower, and One Man's War.
They are available for purchase (along with other singles - and albums, like CURIOSITY, WAKING UP, and PICTURES) from the store section of this site.
Add to those a couple of recent featured singles...
The first one is a new song that began to take shape after listening to a recording made by my father before he passed on about our family's history. It's called "Family Tree."
To help introduce the second of these, America's 16th president had this to say:
The song, Justice Day , was inspired by the hearings of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol. (The Committee's Final Report is available to read at https://january6th.house.gov/sites/democrats.january6th.house.gov/files/Report_FinalReport_Jan6SelectCommittee.pdf).
Here's a sampling of feedback on social media (all modesty aside):
- Loved listening to you sing this beautiful song The lyrics are so inspiring and makes one believe in a positive way to a path of peace , happiness, prosperity, belief and hope in “Justice. Day. “ You sang it with so much emotion, earnestness , faith , hope and belief... You touched my heart. Your song is so beautiful and inspiring and I just sang it along with you. Wish you every success and happiness as a musician and song writer and waiting for your next. God bless.
- Wow, that is totally awesome. I love it
- Great song! Who would have foreseen that our former President would unite our nation? Everyone in the USA wants justice for Donald Trump. May he receive it.
- I can listen to you the whole evening what a great song thank you so much for sharing.
- Bravo my friend/Got your ears on
- That is an excellent song for the day today
- Sock it to them baby!!!!!
- Love it had to share with everyone I know and then some. I am ready for “Justice Day”
- Fantastic job... loved this.
- Way to go, Michael. I'm sharing.
- I hope he's right!
- Love it all
- Hooray - another Tom Lehrer! Please keep on entertaining us Michael - I love your style.
- You did it Justice! Fantastic job, and song!
- Beautiful, musical fingers that make the notes speak! Thank you!
- Yes Just listen to such a magic song
What is now in the midst of its second year in Ukraine beggars belief that one man's heartless, hell-bent obsession with grabbing ever-greater power (combined with the barbaric practices of his military and tacit approval of those across a wide swath of his country enabling this reign of terror) can be unleashing such a degree of devastation and countless atrocities on the courageous people of Ukraine. Month after month of wanton destruction continues - with the unfolding of the Russian president's cruel plan to undermine/destroy millions of lives to achieve his expansionist aims (in the name of supposedly "liberating" people from nonexistent "Nazis" who have no desire to be bombed and tortured in this way). Where in all of this indiscriminate violence and mayhem used to target Ukrainian civilians is any sign of this man's and his country's humanity?